Baked Ziti- Runner Style

This is pretty basic, but a healthier version of something most people like. I call it "Runner Style" because it is my staple Friday night dinner before a Saturday long-run. It has veggies, lean proteins, and slow-digesting carbs, so it is just what the body needs!

Ingredients:


-Whole Wheat Penne Pasta (I like the Ronzoni one best)
-Ground Italian turkey meat or sausage.
-garlic Cloves
-A package of sliced mushrooms
-Fresh Spinach
-Organic Marinara sauce
-Low fat Shredded cheese (Parmesan, Mozzarella..whatever)
-Red Pepper Flakes and Oregano

Cook the pasta as directed. In another pan, brown your turkey meat with the garlic. Add in the mushrooms and marinara sauce. When the pasta is finished and drained, transfer the sauce in with the pasta, and then add the spinach. I use A LOT of spinach because it shrinks up and I like to sneak in as many veggies as I can.
Next, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
Transfer the pasta into a baking dish. Sprinkle your cheese on top, bake for 15 or so minutes and there you have it. A simple, quick, very healthy dinner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment