Opa!



This weekend I ate my way through the Greek Festival at the Greek Orthodox Church. I am a huge lover of all things Greek: The music, the islands, the ancient culture and literature (My focus for my Masters is on classical Greek mythology!). But, especially the food! I love Greek food, and luckily, the Mediterranean diet is very healthy. Of course the things I love, like Gyros, Spanakopita, and Kourambiethes are NOT things I could make at home on a regular day.
I do make Greek Salad almost every night, though. I hate bottle salad dressing, so luckily this is easy!

I usually just use a bag of mixed greens from HEB and tomato, but if I am feeling fancy I will add bell pepper as well. I hate olives, so that traditional piece is left out ;)
To make the dressing, just combine the ingredients in a food processor:

1 tbsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
3 tbsp. olive oil
1-2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1-2 Garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste

Then top with low-fat Feta cheese (I promise, no difference in taste) and go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment